Tuck the Law Dog

Tuck the Law Dog
Can't wait to greet you! Click me!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Georgia -Traffic Law - Headlights - Rain

I love to ride in the car!  I'm a dog.  It's usually a fun trip, except for those occasions when other driver's  don't know or don't care about the rules of the road in Georgia.  In my previous  blog, I discussed "Left-Lane Drivers."  A recent ride to the office on a very rainy and somewhat foggy day, which necessitated my  being reluctantly stuffed into a yellow-slicker rain coat, was filled with constant discussion about other drivers not having their headlights on.  My Mom tallied the number of  vehicles she observed in about three minutes  that did not have their headlights on.  Twenty-two cars!  Comparing this to the number of cars on the road at the time--this was a high percentage!   Georgia Law, O.C.G.A. 40-8-20  states in part:" every vehicle upon a roadway within this state at anytime when it is raining in the driving zone and at any other time when there is not sufficient visibility to render clearly discernible persons and vehicles on the highway at a distance of 500 feet ahead shall display lights and headlights...."  Simple put turn your headlights on when it is raining--even if your state does not have a law for this.   You might save a dog's life. (like mine).  Drive safely, my friends.

Take care y'all,

Tuck the Law Dog 

http://criminallawyercherokeecobb.com

http://tuckthelawdog.wordpress.com

Tuck's blog feeds to "Technorati"; Justia Blawgs", and, "Dogs with Blogs"

No comments:

Post a Comment