Tuck the Law Dog

Tuck the Law Dog
Can't wait to greet you! Click me!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Piedmont Park & Atlanta Dogwood Festival = No Dogs

The 2012 Atlanta Dogwood Festival is this weekend (April 20-22). (Atlanta happenings)
Per City of Atlanta Ordinance 110-70(d), dogs are not allowed at this festival.  Any public gathering of which it is expected that attendance will exceed 10,000, (and this festival will)does not allow dogs, even though the festival is held at Piedmont Park (a public park), in Atlanta on Piedmont Road.  I have given this matter careful thought, as at first I was highly offended that  I and my other four-legged friends were not welcome.  But following some serious bone-chewing hashing over of this set-back, (during which I considered disguising myself by wearing a baby-bonnet, sunglasses, and riding inside a baby stroller) I have decided that I am in agreement with the Atlanta city officials.  While this park is very large, it quickly gets crowded by the sheer number of attendees to this festival.  There will be lots of children trampling the grass, running and screaming; dropping food all over the ground; trying to touch or even kiss me!  It can get pretty hot, and the sidewalks and asphalt can burn my tender toes.  I may be tempted to clean-up discarded onion-covered hot dogs; raisin-dotted cookies; grapes, or macadamia nuts (all of which dogs should never eat).  There isn't any doggie port-a-potties, and water may not be readily available.  And, I could get stepped on or run over by a cell-phone texting-distracted bicyclist.  Yes, it's a good idea that dogs are not allowed in such a big crowd.  So, leave us dogs at home or y'all just might get a citation.Have fun!

Tuck the Law Dog

http://criminallawyercherokeecobb.com/
http://tuckthelawdog.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment