Tuck the Law Dog

Tuck the Law Dog
Can't wait to greet you! Click me!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Prenuptial Agreement & William and Kate

My legal term for the day is "Prenuptial Agreement."  But, first I want to congratulate William and Kate on this joyous day. Yes, I watched some of the proceedings, but I didn't get out of bed early enough to see the actual wedding 'cause I like to stay under the covers as long as I can.  Anyway, I heard on the news that Kate signed a prenupt.  A prenuptial agreement is signed before the marriage and identifies what property each spouse wants to maintain as their own private property, should the couple later divorce.  This type of agreement is considered usually when one of the parties has substantial assets, or, more importantly, in my opinion, when one of the petparents wants to agree as to which party the dog or cat they bring into the marriage then goes to live with -should there be a separation and/or divorce.   A prenuptial agreement does not guarantee that it will not later be contested, however.    So that's my legal term of the day.  I hope William and Kate never need to discuss this issue again.  Congratulations, ya'll!

Tuck the Law Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment