Tuck the Law Dog

Tuck the Law Dog
Can't wait to greet you! Click me!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adopt a Dog from Your Local Shelter

Adopt a Dog From Your Local Shelter

Or, subtitle, “How I Came to be Tuck The Law Dog.”  As the story goes, my Mom and Dad didn’t want to go through the heartbreak of losing another family member.  Squeaky the cat had passed away after suffering through CRF-Chronic Renal Failure.  And, Sammy the cat had passsed away  prior to Squeaky, from lymphoma of the small intenstine.  Sammy was going on 19 years of age , but Squeaky was only 11 years old.  Anyway, Mom and Dad were going to go to the animal shelter close to home, but Dad had to go meet a client in another direction, so they went their first.  While waiting for Dad, Mom walked over to yet another  animal shelter  “just to look.”    She told me she was looking for a big dog, she used to have big dogs and thought that little dogs were for old people  to drive around in their cars and sit on their lap.  The shelter that day was full of big dogs and really big puppies.  In fact, I was the smallest dog there.  So when Mom saw me, I was shaking in the corner of the kennel.  Alas, she looked at me and kept walking.  What I didn’t know was that she was walking back to meet my Dad and make him come see me.  They came to the cage, looked at me, said I was cute, but then walked away and went and looked at the three  really big and shaggy white and black puppies.  They then decided to go the the original shelter that they first started out to that day.  But something made them turn back to take one more look at me—and they asked if they could take me out of the cage to the “meet and greet” yard.  Whoopie!  The first thing I did when we all got outside was to jump in Dad’s lap, give him a kiss, and refuse to get down.    Mom said–well,  that’s our dog, let’s take him home.   When they returned to pick me up after processing it was on a Wednesday around lunch time, so they didn’t go home but had to go back to their law office.  They had a blanket and toys there for me.    And the rest, as they say, is history.  I go to the law office with them every day,and even have another dog friend to play with during the day, “Sam,” who also goes to work every day with his Dad.  Sam was abaondond, shot and left to die, until his Mom and Dad saved him. Life is good–for me and Sam.   There’s lots of great dogs at the animal shelter waiting for a home and someone to love.
Take care, ya’ll
Tuck the Law Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment