Tuck the Law Dog

Tuck the Law Dog
Can't wait to greet you! Click me!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Dogs, Pools and Frogs

Bark, bark, yippie bark! The pool is open. It’s been a long winter (well, not really, here in the south it seems like Mom and Dad just closed up the pool, and now its open again and attracting frogs.) I hate water: bath water, pool water, rain water, you name it–I just don’t like sticking my paws in it.
When I hear the bathtub water running, ya’ can’t fool me. This is a “shower” household and the only one that gets use out of the tub is me, and most certainly not at my initiation–ya gotta find me first (they always do). Anyway, I am not a fan of the pool. But, I have a love-hate relationship with the numerous frogs that appear each evening, each and every frog croaking loudly to its prospective mate. As soon as I hear the frogs, I start bugging Mom to let me go check them out. Once at the pool, I resume my “post” staring at the deck to ascertain where the croak(s) are coming from, then I sneak up behind each frog and give it a gentle nudge with my nose so that it plops into the pool, and I can go on to the next. Mom says that she is not sure if it is my nose that makes those frogs fly into the pool, or the turbulence from my wagging tail. Mom recalls fondly Squeaky the cat, who would gently carry the frogs into the house and let them go. Mom vivdly remembers the time she got up during the night and stepped on something squishy. By the time she got the light on, the frog was gone. Fortunately for the frog, the next morning she found it hiding in the closet, picked him up, and carried him outside. She did have to rehydrate him ’cause by that time he was a little dry. Don’t let my dog buddies put the frogs in their mouths. From first-hand experience, I can tell you, a frog will pee when it is scared, and, well, you know the rest of the story. It makes a dogkeep spitting just trying to get that taste out. Yuck. , I’ve never done that again, and Mom closely watches to make sure. I have a boat load of fun teaching those frogs how to dive. And what’s more, these are tree frogs, so they climb right back out and sit on the edge waiting for another nudge from me. You have to be careful as some frogs are poisonouse and can make a dog sick. So, doggie buddies, be careful around the pool this summer. If you like the pool, make sure you know how to get safely out. And don’t go in the pool without your Mom or Dad keeping an eye one you. Once, Mom came home and found a cat swimming madly around the perimeter–it couldn’t figure out how to get out. Mom got the cat out safely, and both her and the cat’s hearts were beating so hard after that. Mom was crying ’cause she was so thankful she got home in time to save that cat. So have a Great Summer, don’t swim alone, and never, ever eat (or kiss) a frog.
Check out these sites: zootoo.com; itchmoforums.com; petsitusa.com.
Take care, ya’ll,
Tuck the Law Dog

http://wwwgeorgialaw.blogspot.com/

http://www.criminallawyercherokeecobb.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice! I'll keep away from any frogs that I see.

    ReplyDelete